Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bad Luck Betty ... or Paranoid Patty?



Okay cheesy title... but really, I'm not sure if I'm just having some run-ins with bad guys lately or if I'm just paranoid.

As my good buddy
Sheena has said, "It's almost impossible to leave Wal-Mart without a good story."

Well, yesterday as I was leaving Wal-Mart, I stupidly (maybe this is why I am a good target... because I'm always doing stupid things) left my purse {wide open} in the cart behind my car while I got the kids buckled in.


As I was strapping in Jarom, for some reason, I thankfully decided to look up and grab my purse out of the cart, because I kind of left the cart way out there behind the car.

Right then, this shady looking guy with a goatee and sunglasses was walking straight at my cart, at this point close enough to be touching it. When I popped up and looked at him, he stopped dead in his tracks, did a 180, and walked back to the front of the store. Then he just
stood there, in front of Wal-Mart. I watched him for a minute or two, almost positive he was trying to grab my purse. He never looked back at me and I just drove off, and watched him in my mirror just standing there in front of the store.

Call me Paranoid Patty, but I was thinking he was just waiting there to see if he could snatch someone else's purse. So I grabbed my receipt, found the number and called the store. I told them I thought they might have a purse snatcher on their hands. It was kind of embarrassing, you know... being the paranoid chick making phone calls, but you never know.


And yes, if you were wondering, this was the Midvale Wal-Mart. Good ole Midvale... never a dull moment.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. seems like you have had bad luck with shady characters lately. The crazy stalker on your run, the neighborhood cop chase, and now the wal-mart purse snatcher. Hmmm.... I'm not sure if I'd want to live in your area! :)

Shannon said...

Wow. That is pretty sketchy. Good thing you decided to check on things back there. Having your stuff stolen is a HUGE scary thing these days. I'm in for storytime tomorrow. I invited my friend Dawnie and her son too, but they will probably just meet us over at the park afterwards. See you soon and beware of the crazies in the meantime!

Beccarigg said...

I'm a paranoid patty too so don't feel bad! Better to be safe than sorry I always say! Stuff like that creeps me out! I'm so glad your purse didn't get snatched, that would not have been cool!

Meagan said...

That's crazy/scary! I'm so glad you decided to look back there, and I'm also really glad that nothing else happened with that guy. I think that it was a good idea to call the store. You probably saved someone else from being the bad luck betty.

sheena said...

tara, I am so greatly offended that you would speak of midvale with such a harsh tone to your voice.

Emily said...

Sheesh! That sounds like a close call, I'm glad you looked too. Having a purse stolen...let's just say I can relate to that feeling. :)