Christmas day is wonderful. There is hardly a day in the year that can compare to it: the gifts in the morning, the family, the food, lounging around all day... it's all great.
But of course, it's all the fun stuff we do during the month of December to anticipate it that makes the whole season special.
Here are a few glimpses of our holiday season so far:
Decorating the tree. And un-decorating the tree. Over and over and over.
Decorating other trees...
Getting together with friends and eating more food than we can possibly handle.
Making cool Christmas stuff you see in Better Homes and Gardens. (that's a candle votive made out of ice and cranberries - cool idea huh?)
Family Christmas parties.
The ole paper chain countdown.
And Christmas songs... gotta love it.
But of course, it's all the fun stuff we do during the month of December to anticipate it that makes the whole season special.
Here are a few glimpses of our holiday season so far:
And Christmas songs... gotta love it.
6 comments:
"Kenzie is on TV" ....that's from Jonah.
yikes. who is your special friend in the stripes?? what is wrong with her body? that was nice of you to invite her to your party--blessings await you.
We know all about "un-decorating" the tree around here! Teya is just so fascinated with the ornaments. We tell her to be careful and she really does try but she's broken a couple already. Oh well, it's all part of the magic of Christmas right?
Love Kenzie's song and also seeing the pics of Jarom standing. I know he's been walking for ahwile but it still surprises me to see him looking like a toddler and not a baby anymore!
It feels so good to finally be done with school, just to spend some time together like you were saying,while we are free. Well we all spoke to soon. The flu bug arrived and I'm sick in bed... The little video of kenzie is so cute by the way.
Tara- I love better homes and gardens too- I saw your marshmallow comment-and your cranberry votive-- that looks hard to do. I also made the card tree from twigs in my yard and a vase. Good ideas huh. looks like your ready for christmas with your garland and wreaths- talented!!
Tara hey it Megan out in VA, you sent me this link like weeks ago and I have to say I'm....shhhh... a secret stalker...ok ok that sounds bad, I just love your page and am always calling my husband in to say "you have got to hear this story, or you have to see these picture" You are so talented not only in the martha, crafty way, but your writing is amazing you should try writing for magazines, submit that work!! Your family is just perfect. I don't have alot of friends back here in VA that have kids and familys like you and I, so reading you blog make me feel normal. Sorry I have to post this as a comment but I didn't see an Email.......so now I guess it isn't such a secret that you have a stalker. I hope your Family has a Merry Christmas!!
haha thanks Megan! you make me feel happy=). Ok, what are you waiting for?? Start a blog! I know it would be hilarious.
Post a Comment