We had a big group to cheer for yesterday at the Deseret News 10K.
Here Justin is with his brother Jake, our friend Rob and my sister Tiffany.
These guys are amazing. Justin shaved more than 30 seconds off his mile pace since his last 10k (only last month!). Jake hasn't run 6 miles in a while and still got a sweet 8-something pace, Rob ran his first race ever and finished in less than 50 minutes, and Tiffany hasn't run 6 miles in a long time, didn't train at all and still pulled an awesome finish time, around 9 minute miles.
We also cheered for Justin's cousin's husband, Nano. I had to copy these pictures off his cousin Ita's Facebook page because they are too cute. Ita is one of the most fun and lively people I've ever met and she was SOO excited for Nano.
That's Ita on the right, and her mom Kone (Justin's dad's sister who is visiting from Samoa), and her sister Kone (yes same name) in the blue.
The anticipation.
Jake, Justin and Nano.
Congratulations to everyone, you guys rock!
p.s. I have to say that the guy who won the 10k ran a 4:24 pace. He didn't even look like he was sprinting to the finish, he just made it look easy. Incredible.
Here Justin is with his brother Jake, our friend Rob and my sister Tiffany.
These guys are amazing. Justin shaved more than 30 seconds off his mile pace since his last 10k (only last month!). Jake hasn't run 6 miles in a while and still got a sweet 8-something pace, Rob ran his first race ever and finished in less than 50 minutes, and Tiffany hasn't run 6 miles in a long time, didn't train at all and still pulled an awesome finish time, around 9 minute miles.
We also cheered for Justin's cousin's husband, Nano. I had to copy these pictures off his cousin Ita's Facebook page because they are too cute. Ita is one of the most fun and lively people I've ever met and she was SOO excited for Nano.
Congratulations to everyone, you guys rock!
p.s. I have to say that the guy who won the 10k ran a 4:24 pace. He didn't even look like he was sprinting to the finish, he just made it look easy. Incredible.
2 comments:
Justin stop making me jealous with your rocking running season! I so wish I had it in me right now but I SO don't. lame! Oh well, guess I'll have to live vicariously through you and all my other running friends. : ) Way to go on an awesome race!
Go Justin! What fun to cheer for so many people! Love it.
PS-Tara, we're on the final countdown. Keep me posted about the baby!
Post a Comment