Sunday, October 24, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Yesterday was our annual ward Trunk or Treat. Good times! Here are the kids all ready to go. Kyle is a banana, Jarom was supposed to be a monkey (wouldn't that have been cute with Kyle??) but he wanted to be Iron Man and we finally caved and let him be what he wanted to be, and Makenzie is a cute little fairy.

I found this guitar costume after Halloween last year for a few dollars, so we were trying to be a rock star with his guitar.We should have put a little more time into planning Justin's costume, because he kind of just turned out scary.  In fact, the young women voted me "cutest adult costume" and Justin got "scariest adult costume" hahaha... Justin was such a good sport to throw on that wig and let me color eyeliner all over his eyes. But he did, in fact, look scary.

This is the first counselor in our stake presidency and his cute wife, who are in our ward. I love them. And I love them even more as Mary Poppins and Bert!

Another couple I love. They always have the best costumes!

Justin's dad with Kyle. Kyle got a little toasty in his costume.

This is baby Nixon. How cute is that costume??

And here is our little fairy.

Cute little Iron Man, too.

And here are the kids trunk or treating. I was a little scared to let them take candy from that scary guy. :)

My cute sister Tiffany came, too.

And here's Kyle with Justin's mom.

We had a great time as usual! Happy Trunk or Treating! (p.s. trunk or treating is, I'm pretty sure, a Mormon tradition, where everyone lines up their cars, decorates their trunks and the kids trick or treat from trunk to trunk... just a little FYI!)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

OK seriously we are totally crashing your trunk or treat again next year. Our ward is so incredibly lame they just can't figure out how to do anything festive and fun for Halloween, so instead there is nothing.

Anyway, I bet Jarom was a happy camper getting to be Iron Man. But the banana and monkey would have been adorable too. Sigh. :) I love that guitar costume. Very cute. And yes, Justin just looked scary. Nice job with the guyliner though. Very fun. Hope you guys have a fun Halloween week!

Jess said...

I totally had to turn my head and laugh when I saw Justin! :) What a good sport! And Tara, you look great. It doesn't even look like you had a baby, no fair! :) I never dress up and probably should start with Granite cause it does make good memories. Such a cute fairy, banana an Iron Man. Kono would get along great with him.

Chelsea said...

That guitar costume is adorable! I'm surprised miss tiffany wasn't dressed up, I mean, she is an elementary teacher after all, it's usually right up their alley! I'm loving the banana too, so cute! Happy Halloween!

Naomi Hanks said...

Such cute costumes!...except maybe Justin's. I was actually reading this with Brooklyn and she immediately identified Justin as "that SCARY guy!" That being said, she also thought Kenze was a bat!

Oh well, she still thinks she's going to be a dragon for Halloween even though she has seen and worn her pig costume already. Holidays can get very confusing for a 2 year old.

Oh yeah! and Tara, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU EVER HAD A BABY! You are totally rocking that guitar costume you sexy beast!

Beccarigg said...

Dude, totally agree with Naomi, You look HOT HOT HOT!! All that working out during your pregnancy totally paid off! Holy cow woman! Seriously smokin! I have no hope of recovering that quickly as I have completely abandoned exercise and succumbed to holiday binging. You look awesome though and I love the guitar costume! Adorable!

That's also hilarious that Justin was voted scariest! haha! It's the guyliner : ) The kids look adorable, cutest darn banana I've ever seen! Looks like an awesome trunk or treat!

sheena said...

ahahahahahahah!!!!!! what a creepster!!! that wig is hilarious. and disgusting. ha!