Tuesday, April 19, 2011

As they are


So many of my posts show us out doing something, but so few show what we do most of the time.
Most of the time, the kids are just playing at home, so I thought I should record these memories, too.
Upstairs, Kyle's room is the only room with toys, so the kids like to go in there and play with him.
That pretty much consists of things like: dumping every toy onto the floor, wrapping Kyle up in something, building some sort of fort for Kyle, piling toys on top of Kyle, setting up his train, pretending Kyle is some sort of character, pretending they are on a ship, pretending Kyle is their dad, making tables, wrapping random objects in blankets and pretending they are presents, etc.
So here they are, doing what they do!

Ok, next you can see how close Kyle is to crawling. He's gettin' that bum up in the air and trying so hard. He's great at going backwards, and can pretty much get where he wants to be, but he isn't full on crawling. 
In this instance, right in front of his right hand where you can't see is the Elmo phone Jarom is using in the previous photo. He wants it bad.
So sad! As soon as he got his hand on it, Jarom swished it away. Mean!
(he gave it to him a second later)

So this is a pretty typical moment in our home.
Maybe I will start a series of these.
I think someday it will be good for the kids to get a picture of what everyday life was like when they were really little.




4 comments:

Tara said...

By the way, Becca- I still have my dad's dslr. He will probably have to come physically remove it from my house before I give it back to him, haha. It's a Sony Alpha 350. He's had it for a while and it's not top of the line or anything, but any slr is better than no slr! Justin has our point and shoot in Samoa so that's why I'm using this one so much.

Shannon said...

I love this. It's true that we rarely document the every single day moments. Probably because they seem so mundane, but really it will be great to remember what happened most of the time. Cute photos. I love the description of what the kids do: wrapping Kyle up! Haha. :)

Chelsea said...

I like the new picture on your blog header! It's fun to see how happy the three of your kids are playing together too.

Beccarigg said...

Haha! Tara you read my mind. I was just about to say, "okay, seriously, what camera are you using?" after looking at these pics. Now I know what I want for my birthday next year, SLR baby! They take THE BEST pictures! (and I mean, for someone who takes over 600 pics a month, I think I deserve a decent camera ; )

Love this post and was laughing at your description of what the kids do with Kyle. He's such a good sport and they are so sweet to be so enamored with him ; ) Also love his bum in the air almost crawling pics! Love love love : )