Jarom is three.
He is also nearly bald in this picture, which I know off-hand was taken in late October or early November, because he got this new look after Makenzie was so kind as to give him a little trim while he was napping... the day before his birthday.
Anywho... that is another story.
Today my story is about laundry.
But it's about more than that.
It's about kids. Raising them. Learning from them. Enjoying them.
Like many of you I'm sure, I detest laundry.
The folding and folding and the putting away. It drives me crazy.
So naturally I sometimes let it build up too much and save my folding for one day.
Today was a folding day.
I folded a bunch of clothes and was waiting to put them away until a couple more loads finished drying. A few hours went by and the clothes just sat there (I told you, I hate doing it).
Bedtime rolled around and after Jarom's bath, we went to his room to get his pj's on.
When I looked in his drawer, I noticed Kyle's swimsuit was in it.
I stared at it, perplexed.
Then I remembered that I had just folded that swimsuit and it should still be sitting among the masses of piles in the family room.
Then I saw Jarom's swimsuit, which I had just folded as well, under it.
He must have thought Kyle's swimsuit was his own.
"Jarom! Did you put your swimsuit away??"
I had a huge smile on my face.
TOTALLY made my day.
"Yeah!" he said, "And my pants, too!"
I opened his pants drawer and there they were.
Those are the only drawers he can reach.
He did what he could to help.
Without being asked, and without asking for praise.
It was a small moment, but it was priceless to me.
It was a long day for me and that small act of service was exactly what I needed.
I wonder if kids will ever know how much things like that mean to their moms.

4 comments:
aww- that's so cute! What a little stud. I love that story:). I know- I wish kids knew how much the smallest little things like that mean to their moms. Heck, I'm in mommy heaven if we can get through one hour of the day without any whining-lol. Your kids are sure getting so big and cute! Love em!- This is Meag btw not Ryan
So cool!!! I do the exact same thing with my laundry and know that it would be the best day ever if my kids thought to put their clothes away. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but until that happens, CONGRATS on your awesome mom moment!
Aw man that is AWESOME!! I want my kids to put their clothes away! I'm totally with you on detesting laundry. It's so hard for me to remember to pull it out of the dryer right when it's done, so it gets wrinkled and I have to keep turning the dryer on again and again. The load that is currently sitting in my dryer has already been "dried" 3 times and I still haven't pulled it out to fold it. UGH! There really aren't enough negative words in the English language to express how I truly feel about laundry! Glad your sweet little man put it a silver lining in it for you today : )
Awww, that is so cute! :) I have one to tell of Kaipo that I haven't finished.
Post a Comment