Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mommy Fun Fridays

Does that make me sound old or what?
A while ago, I decided Fridays would be a day I forget about responsibility and just have fun with the kids.
So that's what we call them- "Mommy Fun Fridays."

Mommy Fun Fridays usually involve an outing of the kids' choice and me letting them eat things I don't usually let them have, and they're pretty big fans.

It's very refreshing, actually. Sometimes it's just nice to let the rules slide a little and relax and have fun with the kids. It's good for our relationship.

I don't do it every Friday, but we do it quite often. And I don't always take the camera because sometimes the camera can suck the fun out of an outing, however nice it is to have the photos later. But this past Friday, I took it along with us to Wheeler Farm. We had 60-something-degree weather and it felt amazing outside. We packed a picnic lunch and roamed around the farm. Jarom wanted to bring his new Transformers kite so we brought that, too, but unfortunately there was no wind. We fed the ducks, we fed the horses (before we saw the "PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE HORSES" sign, oops), and we pet the bunnies. It was just a nice, relaxing outing. In the second photo, that goose hissed at Jarom when he walked over to it. I did not know geese could hiss. It was scary.



 (Kyle's first time in his stroller not in the carseat.)


 (He could have done this all day.)



And that's it. Just a simple day out in the warm weather with the kids. It was wonderful.



5 comments:

Shannon said...

SO fun! We went to the park on Friday. Gorgeous weather. Can you believe what it looks like outside this morning?!? Stupid Utah weather. Anyway, I love those photos and your idea of Mommy Fun Fridays. It is nice to give yourself a day off from having to say "no" all day and just play and enjoy your kids. Good call.

Jess said...

Tara you are an outstanding mother indeed! :) I love that idea! I've thought of doing something like that before but of course there isn't much to do here though I can just at least do something that we normally do not do once a week. Lately, all I've been doing on days that are good weather wise, is to just forget about all the things I need to do/want to do and just take the kids outside. They love it. Anyway, that looked like a fun activity for you and the kiddos. Kyle is just too adorable in that pic! :)

Naomi Hanks said...

What a great idea! Sometimes it just feels so good to let go of all the things you think you have to do! Glad you had warm weather too! :)

Maria S. Turley said...

Hey girl! I tried to call you but realized the phone# I had was wrong, then I tried to send you a message on facebook... failed. SO I figured I'd just comment on your blog :) The Fashion Show is April 16th, 7pm you can buy tickets on arttix.com. They are a little expensive. Give me a call if you want to go, or if you bought a ticket!

Beccarigg said...

Okay seriously, I LOVE this idea. Implementing it in my life starting THIS Friday! So awesome that you guys got to spend a day outdoors before the snow came again (boo!) And I love little Kyle in the stroller facing forward! Isn't that so awesome when they get big enough to sit in there without the car seat and really start getting a good view of the world? Love it : )