Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cousins!


This is my nephew Caleb.
Cute, huh?
After we went to Disneyland last week (post on that coming next), we went down to San Diego to visit my brother Daniel and his family. First time I've seen Caleb since he was five months old! He is so cute and happy and full of two-year-old energetic goodness.

Here we are with Daniel and Silvia at Carlsbad beach. Jarom's face says it all. Oh yeah, beach baby!!

It wasn't long before Kenz and Jarom were in a giggling fit of childhood happiness running from the waves.

Man, those waves were scary.

Just being beautiful. Wish I could take credit, but she's a mini Justin.
But he's pretty cute, too, and I'm totally taking credit on this one.

Kyle was having a great time playing in the sand with Caleb. There he is with his trademark snarl.

Saying goodbye to Silvia (Daniel was at work). Isn't she gorgeous?

Okay so a few days after we got back from California, my sister and her family stopped by during their move from Arizona to Minnesota. They have seven awesome kids, two little dogs, a bunny and a cat so my kids were in total heaven. It actually wasn't as chaotic as you might think, it was just really fun.

Here is Makenzie with her cousin Sarah. She's 8, so older than Kenz but they're buddies.

 
I kept telling Trina that I need a Kaitlyn. She took care of Kyle for me almost the whole time they were here.

The guys hanging out. Talking about Man vs. Wild or something manly like that. Morgan, on the teeter totter, is my oldest nephew.

My nephew Christian.

Madison (my oldest niece) pushing Abigail (my youngest niece) and Jarom.

Here's Anderson, he's Jarom's age.

Kyle was loving all the attention.

My dad, my sister Trina, and my sister Tiffany.
 
Christian's 6th birthday was just a couple of days away, so we made him a cake.

The lovebirds, as I call them. :) This is Tiffany's boyfriend, Joey.

After our barbeque, we went for a sunset walk on the Jordan River Parkway.

And after our walk, we came back to my house and the whole neighborhood was going crazy with fireworks. They legalized aerial fireworks in Utah this year so everyone went nuts. The kids all sat down to watch the neighbors' display. Then we went in our backyard and roasted marshmallows around the fire and lit sparklers. It was a good time.

Justin even pulled out his own fireworks display.


The next morning, we made a big Fourth of July breakfast and snagged a picture before Trina's family continued their voyage to Minnesota. We will miss them, but it was so good to see them even for a quick visit!


I have ten nieces and nephews on my side of the family and I almost never get to see them, so seeing eight of them in one week's time was pretty awesome!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like SO much fun to get to see all of your family! I know that doesn't happen too often for you, so it's extra special. Sounds like a pretty great 4th of July too. Now that we are both back in town we need to play! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun! Family time is THE best! That's cool that you guys went on vacation..I miss Cali and used to go to Carlsbad during the summers when my aunt lived there. Kenzie and Jarom look so cute in their beach attire! :)

Beccarigg said...

Okay the pic of your kids running in the waves is pure happiness. Also I think you can take some credit for Kenzie's gorgeousness, I see her mama in there too. Maybe not as prominently as Jarom, but your genes are in the mix.

So fun that you got to see so many of your nieces and nephews. I LOVE when my kids get to play with their cousins. There's just such a special bond there, no matter how far apart you live.

Also pretty sweet that Justin busted out the fire knife for the 4th of July. So much cooler than fireworks!