After years of preparation, the day has finally come. Yesterday was Makenzie's first day of kindergarten.
We are going to be moving at the end of this month, and the school district where we're moving has year-round school. So just a few days after we put the offer on the house, we had her all enrolled for her new school. She was ecstatic that she got to start kindergarten so soon.
I totally thought I was going to cry when she walked into that school. I never thought I would cry about stuff like that until her preschool graduation a few months ago. She just had this huge, beaming smile on her face and it got me a bit choked up. Just so proud of my baby girl.
But thankfully I was spared and didn't cry. I was just plain ole excited for her. So far she's loving it and said she played with her new friend all of recess. When I asked what her name was, she said, "I can't remember her name, but I know what she looks like." So cute.
We've been waiting for this day for so long and I'm so happy for Makenzie that it's finally here!
But thankfully I was spared and didn't cry. I was just plain ole excited for her. So far she's loving it and said she played with her new friend all of recess. When I asked what her name was, she said, "I can't remember her name, but I know what she looks like." So cute.
We've been waiting for this day for so long and I'm so happy for Makenzie that it's finally here!


7 comments:
So cute!! I think Iw old cry too!
Okay so I have to know where are you moving?? Sad for Midvale but really good for you guys-- and you have a really good rental situation with your old house- is that what you are still going to do?
We're moving to South Jordan, so not too far. We're going to miss a lot of friends in Midvale. We'll still see them, just not as often. We do have a good rental situation (yes we're renting it), but I'm scared! I just added you on FB (why were we not friends? Weird!)... You've gotta tell me how renting your Midvale house has gone!
Ahhhhh! I can't believe she is already old enough for Kindergarten!!! Congrats Mommy! Glad you didn't have to cry :) and good luck with your move!
I can't believe she is already a little school girl. So cute! I didn't know you guys had found a house either. We would love to come see it!! How exciting for you guys. Let us know when you need help and I'll send Jake up :) I'll come for support but heaven knows I can't lift too much at this point!
Oh my gosh Tara, I'm hyperventilating reading this because Teya starts on Sept. 1st and I seriously don't think I'm going to handle it well. And not just me, Brinley will be so so sad without her best friend to play with all day. Those two are joined at the hip and literally play for hours without needing anything from me. I know I should be happy that she's crossing such a big milestone but it's just crazy that our little girls are already in kindergarten! I seriously remember when you came down for Teya's baby blessing and Kenzie was just like 5 months old and the smiliest happiest little baby. It goes by so so fast!! She looks adorable though and so ready to be a big kindergartner. : )
Oh my goodness she is the cutest little girl! :) Such a pretty girl, I hope you and Justin are ready to be watch dogs. :) I like her hair cut and the way it is fixed. Aww, our kids are in the same grade. :)
oh my goodness, I can't believe she is starting Kindergarten. WOW- time flies! Also that is so exciting about your new house- can't wait to see pictures. Congrats in all you guys have accomplished. You are awesome and we look up to you all:)
Post a Comment