Jarom had his first preschool field trip to good ole Wheeler Farm this week.
Makenzie also had her first real field trip to the pumpkin patch this week, and I really wanted to go, but there were so many moms who volunteered to go that the teacher had to "draw names" and I wasn't one of them. I was pretty bummed, and thought about just going to the pumpkin patch "on my own" so I could be there, but decided in the end that might be a little overbearing and stayed home. Kinda sad.
Okay, sorry, I digress. Back to Jarom's field trip. :)
When we first got there, there was this goose standing on one leg in the field, just looking at us.
At first I thought it only had one leg.
So did the kids.
Next Jarom did what he does best and found a stick to play with.
He's making his best scary face for the camera.
I'd say he succeeded.
As we followed his class through the farm, Jarom took a moment to appreciate the outhouse. In this picture, he's on the tail end of saying, "It's a potty," and laughing. Yep... all boy.
The kids were all petting this cow and their teacher wanted to get a picture. Little bit on the sunny side, but there they are.
Alright, next up- tractor ride. Jarom was stoked. He was having a great time with these two little friends next to him.
Makenzie got to go, too. I was happy for her, because when we first got to the farm, a big fat bee stung her. I don't ever remember her being stung by a bee before, pretty sure this was her first time. So she totally needed some cheering up.
While the two big kids went on the tractor ride, Kyle and I checked things out. Loving the skinny jean-diaper butt look here. :)
He was really thinking about those animals.
And being bashful for the camera.
Bashful again. Love that kid.
And his waddle.
I love, love, love the one-year-old waddle walk. It just melts my heart.
After that, Kyle and I headed over to the pigs and little Wilbur here was quite the model. How cute is he??
Kyle was completely fascinated.
Right then, Makenzie and Jarom got back from their tractor ride. They were pretty in love with the piggies, too. We spent some time with those little oinkers.
We saw some turkeys, chickens and roosters next. I think Kyle was less fascinated and more freaked out by those ones.
And before we left, we had to make it back over to the old retired tractors, Jarom's favorite part of the farm. He was totally saying, "Whew!" here like he had really done some hard farm labor. Funny boy.
Wondering if he can make it.
And lastly, I leave you with this little gem of Kyle. He totally wanted to sit in the driver's seat. If looks could kill, right?? So funny.
Alright, there you have it. Jarom's first field trip!




1 comment:
Great photos! I love all the pics of cute Kyle. Looks like a very successful first field trip!
Post a Comment