Marjorie Pay Hinckley -
“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”

5 comments:
Love this so so much! I will definitely be printing it out for my mirror. Thanks for sharing : )
I love this too! Thanks for sharing, I may have to post this on FB! Love and miss you!!!!
where is this from? it's perfect. she's was amazing. so was her hubby.
Liz, I don't know for sure, I saw it on Goodreads and Pinterest (real valid source, I know...). I'm thinking it might be from her book Small and Simple Things, but I can't say for sure. I really want that book though, she was a very wise woman.
Aww, I love this! I've never heard this quote by sweet Sister Hinckley before, thanks for sharing. :)
Tara, thanks so much for your comments! :) I would have our blog on private but we had a blog stalker (not like a scary stranger). Just someone we know very well actually and they left a rude comment so that is why we keep it on private. It's inconvenient, but oh well. Anyway, I left some comments on your recent posts as well. :)
Post a Comment