In case you were wondering, I haven't forgotten about the updates I said I would do on Jarom and Makenzie. We just got a little sidetracked with the wedding. So here's a bit about Jarom these days.
Jarom is in his first year of preschool. It has been really good for him. He knows his letter sounds for the most part, can write most of his letters, he loves to count and can count to 100 (with a little help from me), and likes doing simple addition. He is also learning to read, which is super exciting. He definitely still needs help, but he is totally sounding the words out and is good at remembering a word once he has seen it in the book. Seeing your kids learn how to read has got to be one of the most rewarding moments as a parent. It seems like the first year or so they hit all these benchmarks- rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, talking- and then you kind of just cruise along until BAM! They learn how to read and your heart just explodes with pride. It is so cool.
Jarom has a very energetic and playful personality. He loves to be funny, which can sometimes get him in trouble. He is majorly into big boy stuff and loves anything that looks scary (i.e. bad guys with crazy skeleton faces and such). Right now all he can talk about is ninjas and how he wants a ninja party for his birthday (which is over 7 months away). He LOVES playing games on the computer (a little too much) and wishes he had a Wii, but I don't even like how much time he spends on PBSkids.org, so I don't know if I really want him to have Wii access all the time.
The other side of Jarom's personality that I adore is that he is very sentimental and loving. He probably tells me he loves me at least half a dozen times every day. He loves to tell me, "You're sweet. You're beautiful. You're pretty. I love you! You're the best mom ever."
It's pretty nice.
Jarom is also very sweet to his baby brother Kyle. Yeah, he has the occasional bad moment where he hits Kyle on the head when Kyle does something to him he doesn't like, but seriously, for the most part, he is a very sweet big brother. He will say quite often, "Mom? I love Kyle. He's cute." He always talks about Kyle's chubby cheeks and chubby tummy in an affectionate way and it's really sweet.
Okay. You can't do a post about Jarom without talking about dressing up. My word, that kids LOVES to be in costume. The Captain America costume is a big hitter and so is his pirate costume. He doesn't know it yet, but I got him a bunch of costumes on clearance after Halloween that I will give him for his birthday this year and he's gonna go nuts.
Jarom and Kyle absolutely love bath time together.
And Jarom absolutely, 100% ADORES Kobe. He plays with him for a good part of the day. Sometimes playing with him involves rolling on top of him, though, but poor Kobe doesn't seem to mind much.
Jarom also loves the snow. He loves getting out and doing stuff period. But when he's out playing in that snow, it's all smiles.
And this is not a great picture, but I felt like I needed one of Jarom and Makenzie playing together. They are pretty much together all the time. In this picture, they were melting snowballs under the dryer vent that was blowing. And I'm glad I did this post because it made me realize that I take a lot of pictures of each one of them with Kyle, but not with just the two of them together. I will work on that. :)
And one last thing- Jarom had to take care of Pooh Bear for one week for his preschool, and he was SO sweet and loving to that little bear, it just melted my heart. The other day at Target, he saw a Pooh Bear and said, "THIS is what I want for my birthday!" (Um, can you tell he's 4? His life like revolves around his birthday.) I just know he won't be little much longer and he'll be over stuffed animals so I'm totally enjoying that sweet little side of him while it lasts.
And I'm sure I've forgotten lots of things, but that pretty much sums up our little 4-year-old Jarom!





2 comments:
I can't wait till Cam gets big enough to tell me I'm pretty and the best mom ever ; ) Seriously what a sweet boy! And I love that he's already talking about his b-day party when it's 7 months away. My kids are SO the same way! Like a week after their birthday they're already planning next year! haha! I'm also super impressed that he's picking up reading already! Teya has really been struggling with it and has burst into tears of frustration on several occasions. She's so stressed out that if she can't read by 1st grade that she'll be some huge epic failure. I really need to do some research and figure out what I can do to help her because she's just not learning it in school (hard when you're only in school for 2.5 hours a day and competing with 25 other kids for teachers attn) Anyway, sorry to go off on that tangent, but I'm really looking forward to the day when MY heart explodes with pride when she finally figures it out. ; )
p.s. that pic of Jarom in the snow with his red hat is my absolute fav. What a handsome/cutie boy : )
Such a handsome little guy! That is so cute that he is starting to read and that he tells you you're beautiful and that he loves his little brother and that he took care of Pooh well. :) Awww!
Post a Comment