So I'm starting this post at 8:53 p.m. and I am the only person in our family who hasn't gone to bed yet. Even Justin has called it quits for the day.
So I have decided to use my quiet time to catch up on...
THE BABY
I'm in my 3rd trimester now! Our little guy is kicking around like crazy and GROWING. I feel humongous already. Still 2.5 months to go, though. No name picked out... suggestions??
THE BASEMENT
We are DONE painting the basement project. I KNOW, so exciting.
I'm pretty sure Justin might grow some sort of mutation soon from all the paint he inhaled using the sprayer. He had those cheap-o white masks, but I don't think they helped much.
That poor guy put some WORK in down there, I should have taken a picture of him when he was covered in paint. It was pretty crazy.
After a week of painting though, it is finished. Hallelujah.
I will post some pictures when we have carpet and lights, should be this week!!
THE KIDS
Makenzie had been BEGGING us to help her do a lemonade stand so one day last week we decided to go for it. We just made a gallon of lemonade and some cupcakes (they were gooooood... the recipe is here). She chose lemon frosting and I went with Betty Crocker for that one.
We set up in front of a nearby park.
We sold out in less than an hour.
It was pretty awesome, Makenzie was a happy girl.
She made $19 (sheesh! we charged 50 cents each and it went a long way... aaand she also got a few tips). :)
Here she is:
Down to 2 cupcakes... we started with about 20.
Justin made her a chart so she could track costs if people bought more than one thing. It was pretty cute seeing her all official about her business. :)
After a celebratory roll down the hill. Happy girl.
Nothing too noteworthy with Jarom and Kyle, they are just having a blast playing outside and swimming ALL the time. With our water park passes and gym pool, we have been in the water a LOT this summer.
THE FOURTH
We started the day with a breakfast at our bishop/neighbor's house, then relaxed at home and made homemade root beer (the kids LOVED that!).
Later we went to a parade and then to Justin's cousin's house for a barbecue and the cul-de-sac of all cul-de-sacs 4th of July celebration (tons of fireworks, snow cones, spin art, and a cannon shooting water balloons and then hundreds of glow sticks when it got dark. It was really cool).
Here's Jarom doing sparklers.
And a funny one of Kyle (also doing sparklers):
Alright, that pretty much updates our life around here! We are loving summer!
2 comments:
Woohoo for the update! Sounds like summer is plugging along! We need to play again. I am SO impressed with Makenzie's lemonade stand success! Wow. I would do that to make a quick $20. :) The homemade root beer sounds fun too. Did you just do it in your cooler? I might need to find out more details. I can't wait to see your finished basement project!
Love the update! After being on vacation for so long and then having a sick baby for a week after we got home I feel like I've been TOTALLY out of the loop. Fun to get back into the blogosphere and catch up on what everyone's been doing. I'm excited to see pics of your basement! I love that you guys are all HGTV about your house and just going for all the big projects. Props! Also dying over the cuteness of Kenzie's lemonade stand. I really need to do that with the girls. They would LOVE that. The cupcake idea is great too. Thanks for the inspiration! Also love the 4th of July pics. You're really getting good with that camera! Helps that you have some pretty stinking cute models too :)
Post a Comment