Friday, August 17, 2012

Items of Interest

A few interesting moments from our week:

Jarom doing what he does ALL DAY long these days.
He got the hang of riding his bike without training wheels a few weeks ago and he's been a bike riding animal ever since. Makenzie and Jarom both learned at the same time in anticipation for their friend Ka'aulani's birthday party. It was a triathlon party, cutest idea ever. I can't find my pictures of Kenz! I'll have to take more. But here goes our cute little Jaresy Pie.

Going off the curb. He's feeling brave. :)

The Food Nanny:

Justin's cousin Rebekah and her family were featured on The Food Nanny this week. It is sooo good, you have to watch it! The Food Nanny is a cute food show on BYUtv and they visited Hawaii, where Rebekah and her family are from, and her family is the whole show. If you feel like watching something uplifting/inspiring, watch it! They are such a cool family. The link is HERE.

Next up is about the sharpest contrast I can imagine to Rebekah's family's display of what really matters in life. But it's definitely interesting! Last night Justin and I visited this 20,000 square foot home in the Salt Lake Parade of homes.

 Seriously, people? Just crazy.
  
Modest entryway.

Sitting room off entry.

Entry to theater room.

 A small portion of the master bath. It was hard to get good pictures because the rooms were all so gigantic. This is maybe a third of the bathroom.

The rest of the rooms were all huge. It was all just... huge.

The neighbors/view.

Next door neighbor, still under construction. I could barely get the whole thing in the picture.

So yeah, that was crazy! These homes are right by the Draper temple, for those of you who live around here.

 And there's a few items of interest from our week!
Next post I will get some basement pictures... it is finished!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Holy cow! Those homes are ridiculous! Kind of makes you wonder what kind of person/family would feel comfortable there. I know I wouldn't!

We are looking for a big boy bike for Davin. It's time. The boys will probably end up learning to ride without training wheels at the same time too since Weston is dragging his feet about it. :)

Also I am so glad I got to see your basement. It turned out so nice!

Beccarigg said...

Wow! I can't believe Jarom is already riding a bike without training wheels! My girls are still holding on to theirs big time! A triathalon party sounds so stinking cute! Maybe I should throw one to motivate the girls to give up training wheels. :)

Also those houses are INSANE! I just do not get that, at all. It almost makes me sick a little. I mean, I'm all about having a nice house with space to entertain and host people or whatever but that is just grossly indulgent! I'm with Shannon, no way would I ever feel comfortable living there. wow!