Sunday, October 21, 2012

Visitors!


Alright, let's start with Justin's grandparents, who came to see little Micah last week.
I'm pretty sure Justin's grandma is the prettiest great grandma in existence. For real.

And here is Justin's grandpa. Micah was actually born on his birthday! Grandpa is a pretty quiet man, but you can tell he loves babies. He talks to them in a cute little baby-talk voice and it's really sweet.
Also notice that Makenzie is enjoying one of Grandma Cook's INSANELY delicious chocolate chip cookies. Justin comes from a family of ridiculously good chocolate-chip-cookie-makers. Yum.

And I had to get one of our real live monkey (look at him! doesn't he look like a monkey in this picture?) with his grandma and great grandma. My kids are so lucky- none of my grandparents (let alone great grandparents!) were living when I was born.

*****
Alright, so our next visitors were my sister Trina and her family, who came last weekend!
They live in Minnesota but had been staying in a cabin in Oregon for a month while my bro-in-law Aaron was sent there for work. So they took a trip down to Salt Lake on the way home to visit. It was great seeing them, which we don't take for granted since it's a rare treat. 

They got here Friday night, so my sister Tiffany and her husband Joey came over and we all hung out.
Then Saturday morning we went to a police fundraiser (Joey is a policeman). They had a car show, some demonstrations, movie characters walking around and a dunk tank. I didn't get a picture, but after many unsuccessful throws at the dunk tank, Justin picked up Kyle and had him hit the button to dunk the police chief... it was pretty funny.


 


We visited the Oquirrh Mountain Temple since it is right across the street from our house and took some pictures. Trina has a nice camera and got the real ones, but I snapped a few of the cousins. 

We're so not reverent... but I love this one. Look at Jarom and Christian in the middle! haha


And here's one of Aunt Trina and Micah.
I wish I had taken more pictures. 
We also visited the Bingham copper mine, Tiffany made a birthday cake for Trina and me since we both have October birthdays, and Trina's older kids babysat for us while all 6 of us adults (and the babies) went out to eat at Red Robin. So fun! It was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I think it's so cool that our kids have great grandparents that they know! And Justin's grandma really is beautiful.

So so fun that your sister and her family got to come visit! Looks like a blast. I love getting to have family in town.
PS-Micah does kind of look like a monkey in that one pic. I think it's the ears. :)