Let me take you back.
April of this year.
Our anniversary.
We went out.
We rode go-karts.
We had fun.
We wanted more fun dates.
We vowed to do a surprise date for each other every month.
And then we forgot.
Or at least I did.
Justin may have taken a few months off, but he definitely made up for lost time.
We hardly got to see each other the last three weeks because I've been training for a new job.
So little did I know Justin had a pretty sweet date all planned out for Saturday.
First stop: Massage Envy
Couples massage.
Enough said.
Second stop: Macaroni Grill
We can never get enough of that bread dipped in vinegar and oil. Mmm!
April of this year.
Our anniversary.
We went out.
We rode go-karts.
We had fun.
We wanted more fun dates.
We vowed to do a surprise date for each other every month.
And then we forgot.
Or at least I did.
Justin may have taken a few months off, but he definitely made up for lost time.
We hardly got to see each other the last three weeks because I've been training for a new job.
So little did I know Justin had a pretty sweet date all planned out for Saturday.
First stop: Massage Envy
Enough said.
Second stop: Macaroni Grill
Next stop: Salt Lake Bees Baseball
That's the "famous" San Diego chicken (never heard of him) and some kids following him around in chicken costumes during the break. It was pretty funny, they had the kids do whatever the chicken guy did, and they went around smacking the players' butts. Also, in the seats in front of us down to the left- the guy in the dark shirt shirt is the UofU basketball coach.
We finished the night with a movie and some good chocolate. Justin even brought the kids' stuff over to his parents house the day before so our kids could spend the night without me realizing it (thanks again guys for watching them!). He really pulled out all the stops. I love that guy!
That's the "famous" San Diego chicken (never heard of him) and some kids following him around in chicken costumes during the break. It was pretty funny, they had the kids do whatever the chicken guy did, and they went around smacking the players' butts. Also, in the seats in front of us down to the left- the guy in the dark shirt shirt is the UofU basketball coach.We finished the night with a movie and some good chocolate. Justin even brought the kids' stuff over to his parents house the day before so our kids could spend the night without me realizing it (thanks again guys for watching them!). He really pulled out all the stops. I love that guy!
4 comments:
That sounds amazing! What a wonderful surprise after a stressful month. I could definitely go for a massage right about now. Mmmm. A night without the kids too. Very nice. You have one awesome date to start planning, huh? :)
You've got a keeper on your hands Tara. He really out did himself! Sounds amazing and well needed!
I'm drooling over that massage right now! That is like my most favorite indulgence of all time! Justin gets an A+ for that one! Also I'm so impressed that 1) he planned a whole night without kids and 2) that he snuck the kids stuff over to his mom's so it would be a surprise! WOW! I'm going to make sure Taber see's this post so maybe it will plant some ideas in his brain... ; )
Yay Justin! Now if only Granite were as smart as you when it comes to dates. That's a pretty awesome date Tara. Well deserved for a swell mom like you! :) Where are you working?
Post a Comment