Any time a child prays, it's cute. And it's usually funny. Trust me, I taught the sunbeams at church for a while, and I knew all sorts of people's business. Kids say anything and everything in their prayers. So yeah, be careful what you tell them.
Makenzie's prayers lately have just been downright entertaining. I'm really practicing my adult ability to control laughter (yeah, definitely still practicing). Sometimes the stuff she comes up with is just so off-the-wall and when she gets done, she looks at me with this big proud close-mouthed grin, just waiting for me to say, "Nice prayer, Makenzie!" I try to make sure she doesn't catch me grinning, or if she does, I try to turn it into a smile of pride. I really am so proud that she's giving such thoughtful prayers, but the content definitely gives me the giggles.
For example, sometimes she is broad:
"Please help us to have whatever we want."
"Please help us to go wherever we want to go."
(she has started almost every prayer like this for the last couple of weeks)
Sometimes she is specific:
"Please help us not go in a shark's mouth."
"Please help us go to the Goon." (i.e. Lagoon, our amusement park)
The other thing I love is that she has apparently decided that a really good prayer means a really long prayer. And those are the best, because she starts to mutter things under her breath just to add more into the prayer (this is when I picked up the not going into a shark's mouth line).
Seriously, the girl is so stinkin' cute, we have her pray before almost every meal because we just love it.
Makenzie's prayers lately have just been downright entertaining. I'm really practicing my adult ability to control laughter (yeah, definitely still practicing). Sometimes the stuff she comes up with is just so off-the-wall and when she gets done, she looks at me with this big proud close-mouthed grin, just waiting for me to say, "Nice prayer, Makenzie!" I try to make sure she doesn't catch me grinning, or if she does, I try to turn it into a smile of pride. I really am so proud that she's giving such thoughtful prayers, but the content definitely gives me the giggles.
For example, sometimes she is broad:
"Please help us to have whatever we want."
"Please help us to go wherever we want to go."
(she has started almost every prayer like this for the last couple of weeks)
Sometimes she is specific:
"Please help us not go in a shark's mouth."
"Please help us go to the Goon." (i.e. Lagoon, our amusement park)
The other thing I love is that she has apparently decided that a really good prayer means a really long prayer. And those are the best, because she starts to mutter things under her breath just to add more into the prayer (this is when I picked up the not going into a shark's mouth line).
Seriously, the girl is so stinkin' cute, we have her pray before almost every meal because we just love it.
6 comments:
Not go into the shark's mouth! That's hilarious! Can't wait til Kyler talks!
Kid prayers are the best. Weston made sure to be thankful in his prayer the other night for the Ironman blow up toy he got from the dollar spot at Target. Apparently that toy really made an impression. Wow. We really need to hang out again. I almost kidnapped you last night, but I wasn't sure if you were working or not. Call me and tell me your days off.
That's so hilarious!!! :) She is so cute!! Yeah I love it when kids pray and I almost always fail to hold in my laugh when Kono or his cousins say something really cute or funny. Kono always prays that Joker won't spray Batman in the face with his laughing gas. Kids, kids, their too funny!
Woops, I meant, they're.
LOL! I love the shark comment, that is soooo funny! I also think that would be such a riot to teach sunbeams and hear the family secrets that come out : ) 3 year old prayers really are the cutest. Taber and I will open our eyes and share a muted giggle when Teya says really funny stuff. I also like the urgency she prays with sometimes. Like the other day I told her my tummy didn't feel good and she said, "I'll say a prayer!" and then in the most desperately pleading voice she said, "Heavenly Father, PLEASE help mommy's tummy! PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE! I know you can do it, I just know you can!" Definitely had to work on my grown up laughter control for that one!
Thanks for sharing! I needed a chuckle. That shark's mouth thing is too cute.
Post a Comment