Saturday, November 7, 2009

First project


Makenzie's very first school project:
Make a star spotlight poster about yourself to share with the class.
They do one kid a week, and this week is Makenzie's turn.

She wanted it "princessy."
It doesn't feel like long ago that I said, "My daughter will NEVER have all that princess junk."

Yeah.
That was then.
What can you do?
Girls like pink stuff.
And they like princesses.
And to be honest, now that I have a daughter, I think she really is a little princess.
Yep, I have changed.

So here she is, with her awesomely pink poster, name in glitter, and glittery princess-themed foam stickers all over.
Wow.
Our little girl is growing up!



8 comments:

Trina Barry said...

Makenzie is a princess, and she looks like she loved sharing her princess poster! She's growing up so fast! You're such a good mom, going all out, and helping her make the poster just the way she had invisioned it! Please tell her Aunt Trina Loves her princess poster!

Unknown said...

And this is why I always had you make my posters for me in high school. Looks awesome, Tara!

Shannon said...

Cute poster! Love the glitter writing. Makenzie is a little princess!

Beccarigg said...

I too swore I would never let Teya have all that princess stuff. My niece had so much princess junk it was overtaking their house. It made me sick. I told Taber, never never never! Last year I thought I was doing good, Teya loved dinosaurs, pirates and cars. But then one day something snapped. I don't know if it was peer pressure or what, but now she is obsessed with all things pink and princessy. If it has a princess on it, I can guarantee that whatever it is, she will LOVE it. If she saw Kenzie's poster she would demand I make her an identical one this very instant. Such is the life of a preschool aged girl, who are we to fight it? : )

Unknown said...

I'm still saying that about princess junk... but I may change my mind. I also said I'd never get into curious george or clifford... but Gwen thinks our first CG from the library is hilarious, so I'm thinking I need to milk this for what it's worth and get a copy for traveling on the plane!

Shan said...

Tara, I love reading your blog! I can't believe it's been so long, and it's so great to see how your family has grown over the years. I swear, you're the perfect mom!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! You're family is adorable! It's hard to believe we're all grown up and have kids, huh? Btw, I can totally relate to your previous post. Our 2 1/2 year old was found coloring a "tornado" on our cream- colored couches with a black ink pen. I find myself constantly trying to balance not losing my temper and enjoying my kids while they're young. It takes a lot of effort some days!

Jess said...

Great job! Makenzie is such a cute and pretty little girl!! :)