Thursday, January 7, 2010

Visit to the candy factory


Today I wanted to get out with the kids and have a fun day.
I was kind of out of ideas.
Didn't feel like story time, or the aquarium, or any of our usual indoor activities.

So I got online and found out the Sweet's Candy Factory does free factory tours.
Makenzie is way into Charlie & the Chocolate Factory right now (despite Johnny Depp's weirdness- I like the 70's version better, I must say).
So anyway, I knew she would be really into it.

They wouldn't let me bring anything in so I didn't get pictures, but it looked something like this:

You get the idea.

No really though, they've made the place really nice for tours, it was a great time. We had to wear hair-nets and both kids thought that was awesome. We saw them making jelly beans, chewy candies like sour stars that I've never had before and really liked, of course the raspberry sticks, taffy, and some chocolate-covered peanuts. They let us sample all of them fresh off the belts, it was so cool!

So yeah, if you're looking for something to do and you live in Salt Lake, I highly recommend it. It's free and way fun. You just have call ahead & make an appt.


7 comments:

Shannon said...

What? There is a candy factory in Salt Lake?!? I need details! Will you email me where it is and/or the phone #? My kids would love this too. Sounds like fun. We did the aquarium today. It was ok, but our usual stuff does get boring. Want to go to the dinosaur museum with us next week?

amyraye said...

we did that when i was in utah in march. way fun. great deals on candy at the end. the funniest thing was they made my 6 m.o. nephew wear a beard-net on his bald head. it was a crack up. :)

Trina Barry said...

Oh, that sounds so fun. I'm glad you found something new to do in the winter. You live in such a fun place!

Chelsea said...

I. want. candy.

Jess said...

Oh cool, thanks for the post. Yeah, when my sister taught in UT, she went with her students there and said it was fun. We almost went there one time, but after hearing about it from you, I really would like to take Kono there especially because it's free. :)

sheena said...

yes--where is this magical place??? and do they give samples??

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sopriventontes.net/][img]http://sopriventontes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]student discount computer software, [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]kaspersky webscanner[/url]
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]order software linux[/url] educational software resellers kaspersky activation key
academic testing software [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]nero 7 premium[/url] microsoft windows mobile software
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]software to purchase[/url] windows xp sp4
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]oem adobe software[/url] adobe photoshop cs3 trial
microsoft office 2003 standard edition [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]adobe reader 9 do i need to install acrobat also[/url][/b]