Thursday, January 27, 2011

Diapers


Sorry, if you don't have a baby in diapers, this post is really not interesting.
But if you do have a baby in diapers, it's way exciting!

I have tried lots of ways to get diapers for cheap.
I follow coupon deals and store sales, but ultimately decided with my last two kids to just buy the big box at Costco or Sam's Club, because even with coupons, the other sales just weren't that great.

Maybe you already know about Amazon Mom, and maybe you already get your diapers that way. If you don't, I HIGHLY recommend it!

Sign up for Amazon Mom.
It is free, and they give you a 3-month free trial to Amazon Prime (which means free shipping on almost everything from Amazon), even if you have already had a free trial to Amazon Prime.

Then go find the diapers you would like.
I buy the 156-count box of Huggies, size 3.
It costs $31.91, making them 20 cents a diaper.
That is already cheaper than my Wal-Mart box, and since Costco decided we all needed fancy Huggies now, it's cheaper than Costco, too.

But this is when it gets really good.
When you click on the diapers you want, it will say:
Save an extra 30% with Subscribe & Save and Amazon Mom: Get the standard 15% discount when you sign up for Subscribe & Save delivery. Combine that with an additional 15% savings exclusively for Amazon Mom members on select diapers and wipes, and this item's current price drops to $22.34 ($0.14 / count) . Subscribe & Save shipping is always free. No fees, no risks, no obligations. See details

14 cents!
Awesome.
So, on the checkout box, sign up for subscribe & save-
all that means is you choose how often you need that order- every month, every 2 months, every 6 months, whatever. And it's easy to change or cancel if you change your mind.

 So yeah, having diapers shipped right to my door for free for way cheaper than driving to the store and getting them myself?
I love Amazon.
Okay, that's all, just wanted to share a sweet way to buy diapers!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh. I have been doing this for the last few months and it has saved me TONS. Also, if you look around the internet for cheap (like under $5) or free subscriptions to Parents magazine or BabyTalk magazine they have Amazon diaper coupons for an ADDITIONAL 20% off making the diapers a real steal. Plus you earn additional months of free Amazon prime shipping when you buy more diapers. It seriously is the best. Yay for Amazon.com!

Tara said...

Awesome, Shannon, thanks! I just got the subscription to Parents magazine the other day when Barnes & Noble had it for $1 so I will definitely keep my eye out for those coupons.
I know, they give you more prime for free, too, it's awesome!

Jess said...

Wow Tara, thanks for taking the time to share this! I've gotta try it.

Beccarigg said...

AWESOME! Can't wait to get this going, especially since I have TWO kids in diapers right now! SO expensive! Thanks for the tip!

Marie said...

I was going to tell you the same thing that Shannon did. Lots of the baby/parents magazines have those 20% off coupons so you can use it in combination. Just be sure that you CANCEL your subscription and then when you use your coupon, sign up again...then cancel, sign up, etc...it is a good cycle, but works. I have only paid $15 per box with this deal! Love it!