Saturday, January 15, 2011

Five months

Our little Kylito is five months old today!
I don't know how many times I've said it, but I can't say it enough-
Kyle is the BEST BABY!!

We just adore this little chunk of baby goodness.
He is everything you could ask for in a baby.
Chubby, happy, playful, cute, cuddly, mellow, patient and easy.
Seriously. 
We don't know how we lucked out so much with him, but we're glad we did!
Love, love, love our little 5 month old!



 


And here it comes...
THE SMOLDER!!
(a la Tangled.)


Besides being a really good baby, here's how he's doing on some of his milestones:
  • Rolling over: Got it down. He loves to roll over. It's pretty much all he can do by himself so he's pretty fond of it.
  • Sitting up: He can kind of do it. He does the gorilla sit where he props himself up with his fists pretty well. But he's still kind of wobbly and will fall over.
  • Holding things: He can hold things and basically meet his goal of getting it into his mouth, but if it doesn't make it there, he will get frustrated.  
  • Sounds: Kyle is really starting to explore his vocal capacities right now. He makes the cutest sounds and gets into the baby-zone where he stares into space and just talks and talks and talks. The past couple of weeks he has discovered his lips can help out, too, and that involves a lot of spit.
  • Solid foods: It's kind of surprising, but Kyle doesn't really like food that much. I thought he would love it, but not so. He likes rice cereal okay, but the new flavors of foods are kind of hard for him to get used to. He doesn't fuss, but he's smart and just clamps his jaw shut. I can usually get him to smile and get the food in there, though. He actually ate an entire container of sweet potatoes for the first time last night. Go Kyle!
And that pretty much sums up Kyle at 5 months!

5 comments:

lisa said...

oh he is soo cute! I can just imagine his fun little personality. And I will never get enough of his cheeks.

Chelsea said...

That smolder look is a lady slayer! What gorgeous eyes he has!

Beccarigg said...

I don' think it's possible to look at these pictures without smiling! He is SOOOO cute! I mean, ridiculously cute. Those big blue eyes and amazing cheeks! And the smolder is to die for! you better blow that one up and frame it, so stinking cute!

Amanda and Jake Matagi said...

He is being good so that you will have another one. If he was a bad baby he knew he wouldn't be able to convince you for more! He is perfect though!

Jess said...

Awww, how sweet!! Love him too by just looking at him and hearing about his personality. :) How nice to have a mellow baby...wait a minute, Kono was a mellow baby too, Kaipo is the complete opposite, but nevertheless, brings joy beyond measure. I love his smolder look! :) You describe his accomplishments so well, gorilla sit, so funny, I've never thought of it being called that. :)