Yesterday we had our big ultrasound and found out we will be having another
BOY.
I went through a lot of emotions this pregnancy wondering what we would have, feeling certain at one point that it would be a girl. This is mostly because the night before we found out we would be having another baby, I had a dream that I had a brown-haired baby girl. I wasn't even thinking I was pregnant so the dream caught me totally off guard. That vivid dream was actually what got me to go take a pregnancy test the next day, and lo and behold, it was positive.
So... wouldn't that kind of make you think it was a girl, too?
Then the silly little Chinese gender predictor said girl so... I definitely had girl in my mind.
Good thing it wasn't any sort of indicator, though, because in that dream the baby girl was HUGE. She was 9 lb. 10 oz. and 23 inches long. She had TONS of hair (my babies never do) and she just looked really gigantic.
So... yeah. Yikes. I would probably be a little worried right now if it were a girl.
In the last few weeks, I kind of did a 180. I just kept thinking it would be a boy.
So I was all mixed up and had no idea what this baby would be.
I think it will be great for this little guy to have his 2 older brothers close in age to him, but I am really sad for Makenzie. I feel bad for her that she won't ever have a sister. I don't know what I would do without my sisters so I'm sad that she won't have that in her life. I've already had several friends tell me to try again for a girl after this, but no... Even if I was willing to take on 5 kids (agghh!!!), we would probably have another boy. And if we did have a girl, she would be like 10 years younger than Makenzie so... yeah. I guess it just wasn't in the cards for Makenzie to have a sister. Kinda sad.
As far as the ultrasound goes, he looked like a perfect, healthy little baby. I was kind of disappointed my new OB office didn't have a 3D ultrasound machine. Those dead-on face shots are pretty scary on the traditional ultrasound... we told Jarom we were going to name him Darth Vader. And he was right on par with that October 1st due date, so I'll be expecting him around October 8th... you know me!
Sorry I don't have any pictures... my scanner doesn't work. Justin would roll his eyes, but I totally thought the baby's side profile looked like Jarom. We will see!
4 comments:
I'm so excited for you guys! I was definitely feeling the same sadness for Talia about not getting a sister, but I'm starting to make peace with it. I am just going to start praying now that she makes some really good girl friends! Oh, and I think by your 4th kid you can tell what they will look like. I thought our ultrasound pics looked like Davin. We'll see! :)
So excited for another boy. Him and Sam will be great cousins. As for Kenz, I know how she feels and she will always have 2 aunt Amanda's that know how it is to be the only girl with 3 brothers and we survived and turned out alright ( I HOPE)! But it is hard for her, I remember BEGGING my mom to try again or adopt or something but she never did. Anyway, can't wait to see the pics on Sunday
I feel the same way sometimes, that my baby girl won't have a sister in her life, but she'll be the princess of the family and that makes her special. Glad to know that baby is doing OK. Take care! Silvia.
TARA!!! I have missed you my blogging BFF!!! I kind of got overwhelmed with life and dropped out of the blogosphere but I'm slowly easing myself back into and finally catching up. Cant believe how much I've missed! You're having a BOY!! congratulations!! Totally understand all the emotions you go through before you know the gender, thinking one thing, wanting one thing...it's a roller coaster. When we have our next kid we really really want another boy for the same reason you wanted a girl for Kenzie. Taber and his brother are super close and Taber would be sad if Cam never had a brother. So yeah, totally get that. But how great that Kenz will be the princess and queen over a crew of boys : ) Plus I think it will make your bond with her even stronger because when you don't have a sister you usually become super tight with your mom, so that kind of works out in a good way for you : ) Anyway, gonna go catch up on your other posts but congrats again mama!
Post a Comment