Saturday, May 26, 2012

Remember Easter?

So.. every once in a while I notice there are some blog posts on my list that I never finished. So I'll go through and delete them. Tonight, I came across this one- Easter pictures! Hello??! Why didn't I publish this?

So... here you go...
three cute little munchkins on Easter:





And right before Easter... ohhh get this.
Makenzie was asked to speak at a Leader in Me conference held at her school. It was for other educators, school district officials, and Franklin Covey employees and you know... kind of a big deal.
They asked me to have her dress up and be prepared to speak about her experience with the "walking report card" (where she showed Justin and me the things she has learned this year). When Makenzie did the report card, they asked if they could record it just for this meeting, so they said they would now play the video and have Makenzie talk a little about it.

So we rehearsed what she would say... we got up early... I curled her hair... she wore her Easter dress to school... I got a babysitter and came to the school... and... TOTAL fail.
No video.
No talking in front of anyone.
They totally nixed it, I guess.
 After the meeting, they had some older kids go around and show the people these folders they do... so they just had Makenzie find a person, too.
Random!!
And disappointing.
Makenzie just ended up reading to this one lady.
I rearranged my entire day for that??

I was slightly perturbed.
They didn't even need her there.
Needless to say, when I had to come BACK to the school for the second session, I didn't get a babysitter! I was thinking, "Maybe they just messed up in the first session, and they'll do the real thing this time."
Nope.
And the lady who was helping Makenzie the last time was busy at the end, so I was trying to help Kenz find someone to read to (with Kyle and Jarom in tow) and there was no one. Everyone was already talking to another kid. So frustrating!! So we sat through the entire meeting a second time for nothing. Fun times. The lady was like, "thank you so much for coming!" and I definitely wanted to give her a piece of my mind. But more than that, I just wanted to get out of there so we left.


BUT, Makenzie felt special. And that's what really matters, right?
Love that girl. I don't know if she'll ever understand how proud we are of her.
She is my little angel. And if Heavenly Father only wanted me to have one daughter, he definitely spoiled me with her. I can't imagine a girl more beautiful, talented, smart and sweet as her!

And there you go.
Easter.
And a totally random story that should have been about Makenzie but mostly involved some adult whining on my part.

1 comment:

Beccarigg said...

Lol! Adult whining justified. It is so hard to rearrange your day like that when you have 3 kids. I am telling you! Cam is 16 months old and I still have not adjusted to the craziness of 3! so yeah if I went through all that trouble I'd be a little ticked too!! McKenzie sure looked cute all dolled up though and you're right, if she felt special, mission accomplished : )