Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Tri-Baby Luau


Baby #1: Ka'aulani


Baby #2: Baby John


Baby #3: Dakodah

Look alike? Yeah, they're cousins. Our good friends Reed & Tasha just celebrated their baby's first birthday. And when I say celebrated, I mean celebrated.

Believe it or not, Reed's sister Jodi had their baby THE SAME DAY that little Ka'aulani was born. And Reed's brother Rene had their baby just a couple of months before, so they decided to have a super duper, unsurpassed, TRIPLE BABY LUAU.

I am not kidding you when I say they probably spent 50 times what I will ever spend on my poor children's birthdays. But it was a TON OF FUN. It was basically a carnival. Makenzie loved it.


And this was just the beginning. They also had fresh popcorn going and...


Snow cones of course! Justin got pretty pro after a while.


Just look at those happy little hula dancers. Samoans are "the happy people" of Polynesia. I would also like to note that the chic has BLONDE hair. But then again, she does look more like a tourist.


The good ole "what the heck are you doing to me?" face. I thought face painting using stamps and markers was a great idea, but I'm a little nervous what that turtle is going to look like at church tomorrow.


Just enjoying snow cones with buddy, Caleb. They were practically gourmet, too. Makenzie's was guava strawberry. Mmmm...


Gotta love Lexi. The Touhuni girls are always helping me out.


One of the many games. Kids Makenzie's age just love stuff like this.


Okay, moving indoors, we sang Happy Birthday to the kiddies. There they are, with their moms. We were then all stuffed with some Hawaiian deliciousness.


They each had their own little cake. Tasha made this flip flops cake for Aulani and it turned out SOO GOOD! I am impressed.


Goodbye, beautiful cake. She even shared with her cousin.


Caught a cute moment with dad. Okay so each family all had matching outfits. Geez these people are cute.


And of course, what's a luau without an impromptu haka? If you can spot Justin, you win a prize. (no not really. who do you think I am? Sheena? j/k)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

WOW. That is out of control. Looks so fun. You polynesians know how to party. :)

Marrdy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marrdy said...

What a party. And the haka too. Gotta love it. (Had to deleted my last comment. My fat fingers spelled everthing wrong and I pushed publish without looking at it.

Meagan said...

That looks like so much fun. WOW you guys alwasy know how to have a good time.

sheena said...

tara you are a crack up!

this party is out of control! I wish we could have made it!! and I wish I were polynesian.

and I LOVE wood cutouts for pictures....it was totally YOU that mackenzie stuck her face through!