[Do you ever want to post twice in one day because the first post was really lame?
That's me.
Right now.
I don't know why I felt the need to share that crazy baby swinging video I stumbled across on youtube, but I couldn't believe it. Justin saw it and said, "Oh he's fine. Come here, Makenzie, let's try it."]
Anyway.
Does anyone watch The Biggest Loser?
The new season started tonight (Tuesdays at 7 on NBC), and Justin's little brother Devin is buddies with one of the guys on there.
He is a Tongan guy named Sione that Devin got to know while he was on his mission in AZ (Sione is from Arizona):

It's a Biggest Loser Couples season, but they did a twist at the end of the show tonight, and each couple (Sione's there with his cousin Filipe) had to send one person home for 30 days and they get to come back if their partner is still at the ranch.
So watch it.
And be inspired.
One guy lost 32 pounds in one week. One week! He lost a whole Makenzie in a week.
It inspires me because it just shows how much your lifestyle affects your health. It's hard to make changes, but they really do help.
So my goal is to drink more water. I know that sounds so easy, but it's hard for me. I am just not a thirsty person. I also want to get back to the gym in the early morning. It's so hard to get up, but it makes my life so much better. Which leads me to wonder...
What are your goals right now?
4 comments:
I definitely need to drink more water too. It's hard because I have a tiny bladder and water goes right though me. I hate going potty 20 times a day but I know the water is good for me so I gotta do it. I'm also trying to be more active. As you know, tricky with kids. Mornings don't work for me since I'm still up in the middle of the night with kids, but I've been trying to hit the gym after they're in bed at 8 and so far it's going good. I'm going to run a 5k in February so I'm training for that. Someday when I'm really awesome I'll run a 10 miler like you! ; )
My other goals are to structure Teya's days better and restrict her TV time to 30 minutes a day. (so far not doing good on that) Also I want to try a new recipe ever week. We'll see how it all goes. : )
I always have grand ideas of losing a lot of weight, but I'm just not willing to boycott treats. :) I do have a goal to replace my less healthy snacks with fruit and veggies. I have a really hard time getting through the afternoon without snacking a lot, so my plan is to do some exercise then instead. I am also still doing my swimming 2-3 mornings a week.
Other goals include being more consistent with FHE and prayers. Also, Ian and I are reading the Book of Mormon along with the rest of my family before our family reunion in June.
Finally, I would like to simply try to be more present in my everyday life and spend more time down on the floor with my kids instead of always trying to keep them entertained so I can get stuff done.
Hopefully we will all be a little better in 09 than we have been in the past. In my opinion that's the whole idea of setting goals.
I love the Biggest Loser! I love how at the beginning of this season Bob said, "So don't sit there with a bowl of ice cream and watch this show! Get up and do something!" So true. How did he know that I do that?...sometimes...
Anyway, my goals are always having to do with weight. So I thought that I would focus more on getting regular exercise and better food choices versus the standard "lose weight" line. So wish me luck!
And good luck to you. I love water and sometimes find myself surprised to be drinking soda when I expect it to be water (like at work and I grab the wrong cup). But I have found that if you make water your only choice, it is the choice you are going to make. Imagine that.
Carla called and told us about this so we actually watched last night. Now, dangit, I'm hooked. Curse you Carla (and Devin!!) and now Tara.
Post a Comment