So yesterday we got to go down and meet our new little nephew, Kalen or maybe Kallen (it sounds like the latter but Mandy wasn't sure which they'd do when I talked to her, I like either).
He was the cutest little thing.
(photo courtesy of Jake & Amanda's blog, which I'm guessing is courtesy of Mandy's Facebook?):)
This is Justin's sister's third little boy. He is so precious! Wish we could have held him, but he was otherwise occupied in the nursery while we were there (getting shots and relaxin' in the incubator).
While we were there, Amanda thought we should have her husband Clayton, who works at the hospital doing x-rays and ultrasounds, take me and Justin down to see if we could find out our baby's gender. I felt bad taking Clayton away after they had just had their baby, but since baby was in the nursery anyway, I don't think it was too bad. Plus who wants to turn that down?
So... drumroll....
We aren't sure.
The baby is still super teeny.
But we are thinking it is a boy.
It was hard to tell, but we kept thinking maybe we saw something there. Clayton seemed pretty sure it was a boy, and since he does ultrasounds for a living, I'll take his word for it.
I was pretty in love with this little shot:

That hand is so teeny. Like a teeny tiny little paint brush.
I'm excited to have another boy, I really didn't care either way, but I just kept thinking it would be a boy so I wasn't too surprised. It's kinda anticlimactic in Justin's family though. This will be the 5th boy in a row, Makenzie being the first grandchild and only girl. She wanted a little sister, but she seems okay with it. I think she still thinks it's debatable though. And I guess it sorta is. We will see!
He was the cutest little thing.
This is Justin's sister's third little boy. He is so precious! Wish we could have held him, but he was otherwise occupied in the nursery while we were there (getting shots and relaxin' in the incubator).
While we were there, Amanda thought we should have her husband Clayton, who works at the hospital doing x-rays and ultrasounds, take me and Justin down to see if we could find out our baby's gender. I felt bad taking Clayton away after they had just had their baby, but since baby was in the nursery anyway, I don't think it was too bad. Plus who wants to turn that down?
So... drumroll....
We aren't sure.
The baby is still super teeny.
But we are thinking it is a boy.
It was hard to tell, but we kept thinking maybe we saw something there. Clayton seemed pretty sure it was a boy, and since he does ultrasounds for a living, I'll take his word for it.
I was pretty in love with this little shot:

That hand is so teeny. Like a teeny tiny little paint brush.
I'm excited to have another boy, I really didn't care either way, but I just kept thinking it would be a boy so I wasn't too surprised. It's kinda anticlimactic in Justin's family though. This will be the 5th boy in a row, Makenzie being the first grandchild and only girl. She wanted a little sister, but she seems okay with it. I think she still thinks it's debatable though. And I guess it sorta is. We will see!
5 comments:
awww, that is a cute hand! Well one things for sure, it will be a cute baby! :)
I was thinking boy - so I guess we'll find out soon! I want to give that baby hand a high five!
Oooh that's exciting. Did you kinda feel like you were cheating? :) Another boy will be fun. Jarom will love love having a buddy. And I'm sure Kenzie will survive being the princess. Anyway, did you get my email about this weekend? Let me know.
your nephew is adorable and CONGRATS on the pretty-sure boy! That lil high 5 is adorable!
I'm jealous that you got to see your new nephew! I have a new niece from Naomi and Kevin and have no idea when I'll get to meet her : ( Guess that's one of the bummers of living far away from family.
Exciting though for Jarom to get a little brother! I love ultrasounds, they just make everything seem so much more real. : )
Post a Comment