Clutter.
Makes me shutter.
(hehe snort)
For real, though, I can't stand little piles of this and that or papers all over the place.
I was once complimented on how little clutter I had in my house.
I wanted to laugh, but it was a nice compliment.
I had obviously thoroughly cleaned before they came over.
Because, yeah, clutter is forming at all times. It's like a beast I feel like I'm constantly taming.
And maybe I do an o.k. job in controlling it in most of my house, but my big dark secret is my storage room. For the life of me, I can't keep that room in order. Too much junk, maybe?
So today I decided to basically devote my entire Saturday to decluttering my storage room.
My goodness.
I wish I had taken a before picture.
You would never believe I don't like clutter looking at that nightmare.
Christmas and vacation just had me tossing stuff in there, and before I knew it, I couldn't even walk into the room.
After several hours, 2 full trash bags (that's embarrassing), and a trip to the D.I. (where one of the unloading guys said, "wow, did you pack your whole house in there?" I knew I had done well), I opened up several shelves and cleared out the middle of the room. Hallelujah. I even had to put all the contents of my guest bedroom closet in there because my dad is coming to stay with us for a while, and the room still looks way better.
If I could afford it, I would have tons of storage tubs and baskets to make my room look ultra neat. Maybe someday. As for now, I'm just glad I can reach the food.

Makes me shutter.
(hehe snort)
For real, though, I can't stand little piles of this and that or papers all over the place.
I was once complimented on how little clutter I had in my house.
I wanted to laugh, but it was a nice compliment.
I had obviously thoroughly cleaned before they came over.
Because, yeah, clutter is forming at all times. It's like a beast I feel like I'm constantly taming.
And maybe I do an o.k. job in controlling it in most of my house, but my big dark secret is my storage room. For the life of me, I can't keep that room in order. Too much junk, maybe?
So today I decided to basically devote my entire Saturday to decluttering my storage room.
My goodness.
I wish I had taken a before picture.
You would never believe I don't like clutter looking at that nightmare.
Christmas and vacation just had me tossing stuff in there, and before I knew it, I couldn't even walk into the room.
After several hours, 2 full trash bags (that's embarrassing), and a trip to the D.I. (where one of the unloading guys said, "wow, did you pack your whole house in there?" I knew I had done well), I opened up several shelves and cleared out the middle of the room. Hallelujah. I even had to put all the contents of my guest bedroom closet in there because my dad is coming to stay with us for a while, and the room still looks way better.
If I could afford it, I would have tons of storage tubs and baskets to make my room look ultra neat. Maybe someday. As for now, I'm just glad I can reach the food.
5 comments:
It looks great! I'm impressed! I'm also impressed with your food storage! Good job.
WAY TO GO!!!! Seriously, I know exactly what you mean. I start to feel like rooms and hallways are closing in on me because there is so much stuff there. When I can't fit back to the washing machine with an armful of laundry without knocking things over, I am really going crazy! Makes me feel claustrophobic, harder to breathe somehow. Proud of you for clearing out so much. That is awesome!
oh boy, can i relate. i have a "storage room", too.
Ughhh, clutter and I don't mix at all, it's one of of biggest pet peeves. The awful thing is, it's hard to keep it under control when you have kids cause with kids come a lot of stuff. All I ever think about is getting this and that organized and de-junked. But good job to you!! I know what you mean by it taking a whole day.
AWESOME job Tara! It feels so good getting rid of stuff doesn't it? I'm also impressed that you dedicated your whole Saturday to getting it done. I hate using my Saturday's to do projects because I just want to play. I'm sure my house would be amazingly clean and organized though if I'd just bite the bullet and get it done. You're awesome. : )
Post a Comment