Sunday, March 14, 2010

To Tiffany:


On your birthday.
Maybe I had a reminder beeping on my phone all last week to send you a birthday card.
And maybe just maybe I still managed to procrastinate beyond the point of sending it on time.
So please accept this humble blog post devoted to you as a token of my love and birthday wishes!!

Things I love about you:

  • As children, everyone mistook us for twins. This is because you were a cute, skinny little thing and I was... big. We'll leave it at that.And you never made me feel bad about that.
  • You make really funny faces. See?
(I think you were amazed at the ease with which you blew out the candles. It was freakishly fast, I still remember it. But maybe you are shocked by the insane amount of smoke the tender age of 21 produces)
  • You buy really cool books for my kids.
  • You remember crazy stories about people and share them with us.
  • You talked me into running a marathon.

  • You are funny.
  • You ate Little Debbie cakes at Becky's house really slowly as a child. And we got a kick out of it. The first one on the list is making more sense now...
  • You teach me makeup tricks.
  • You teach me kitchen tricks.
  • You are a good example.
And mostly, I love you just because you are a great sister.

You used to let me talk your ear off until late at night (a habit that I know Justin is really grateful I formed). I'm sorry for the times I would make that weird "ehhhh" door-creaking-open sound in the back of my throat just to bother you as you were going to sleep. I'm sorry for decorating my side of the room with JTT posters while your side donned postcards of impressionist paintings. And I'm still really sorry about the Brian Butthole story (it looks bad in writing). I was maybe just a wee bit of an annoying little sister, and you forgave me.

I love you so much and hope you have had a wonderful birthday!
You deserve it!

Love, Me

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy Bday Tiffany - ps I'm pretty sure I know the story about Brian T. and I'm still scarred from it!

Trina Barry said...

Awesome post, and I'll take the easy way out and say *ditto* to what Tara said (except I might not be the annoying lil' sis, just the big sis with the crazy stories that you tell Tara about me abusing you with the curling iron, broken promises, bribing, ect.-- all of which I have totally forgotten, and think "really" when you bring them up.) You are a great listener and a friend! Thanks for staying up late listening to me when you were so little (after a date), I loved asking you for advice. Hope you have a great birthday, I love you!!!

Tara said...

Chelsea- the Brian story is this: like in 6th grade I told Tiffany we had a new boy in our gym class named Brian last name sounded like "Buthul" but the way it was spelled was b-u-t-t-h-o-l-e. But it was written on his gym uniform as B. Butthole and everyone was making fun of him. Why did I make up such a weird story? I have no idea. But Tiffany totally believed me and I had a grand ole time laughing about it. Sorry, Tiff.

RedBarn said...

Oh! LOL - different story - we'll just keep the one I was thinking about in the closet!

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat script[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or misunderstood methods to produce an income online.