Friday, May 21, 2010

Bread that actually turns out

Okay I'll keep this short, because I'm sure most of you don't care about bread.
But I tried again and this bread is SOOO good.
It's just like the rosemary bread they give you at Macaroni Grill, and my house smells like heaven.

Here's the recipe:
Jo's Rosemary Bread

I put it in my breadmaker in the order the recipe lists the ingredients, set it for a large loaf (figured this would allow more time for rising), light crust, and "normal" whatever that is.
I substituted one of the cups of flour for whole wheat, and used unbleached all-purpose flour for the other 1.5 cups. And I used the rapid rise yeast, and it worked out just fine! I saw some of the people on the reviews took it out of the bread machine for baking, and made a round artisan-looking loaf. So pretty. If you have a bread machine, make it, you won't regret it!


1 comment:

Naomi Hanks said...

Woohoo!!! You just made my day! I love the bread at Macaroni Grill and I have a bread maker! This recipe is SO happening at my house!