Monday, May 3, 2010

Graduation 2010

This weekend we traveled down to Cedar City for Justin's graduation from SUU. It's not every day you get your Masters degree, and it was so good to see Justin get some recognition for all his hard work.

On Thursday, we attended an awards ceremony where Justin was selected as the Outstanding Educational Leadership Student for northern Utah.


Here we are with his professor, Bart Reynolds, who nominated Justin for the award.

Friday afternoon was the university-wide commencement.


Justin's mom and dad came down to support him. They ended up being a big support to me, holding a sleeping Makenzie and Jarom during the entire commencement ceremony.


U.S. Senator Bob Bennett was given an honorary doctorate and spoke at commencement. I really enjoyed his message, and I managed to capture this super flattering picture of him.

Woo hoo!



Saturday morning, we attended the College of Education's graduation ceremony, where they actually hooded Justin (notice he just has to carry it in these pictures).



Pom-poms to cheer on Dad..

He got to sit up on the stage as an award recipient. He's pretty easy to spot despite my poor picture because he's the one who is, of course, socializing. :)

(She's playing with her pom-poms)

All hooded and official!

Oh yes, and let's not forget that out of 1800 graduates, Justin made it to the front page of the Cedar City Daily News! I contribute it to the fact that he is always making people laugh, and thus making good photo moments. Way to go baby!
I am so proud of you!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

What a fabulous weekend! Congrats Justin! What a huge accomplishment! Ok, enough exclamation points, huh? Oh, and um, Bart Reynolds? That's funny. :) Kenzie is just looking so grown up in these pictures. I can't get over it. No surprise that Justin made the front page of the paper either. Hope you guys got some nicer weather down there too. Can't wait for the big party on Friday!

Amber said...

Congrats to your hubbie (and for you for supporting him through it!) I love the newspaper picture.

Chelsea said...

You'll have to frame that paper!

Jess said...

Oh how neat! Congrats Justin, that is awesome! And to you Tara, I know he made it through because of your great support as his wife. :)

Trina Barry said...

Wow, that's AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for your guys! Way to go Justin!!! I love that he made the front page of the paper, how crazy is that (and COOL)!!!

Beccarigg said...

YAY Justin!! What a stud! You must be very very proud. I loved school but I can't imagine doing it while working full time and being married with two kids! Justin is a rock star, and he looks pretty snappy in his hooded robe! I gotta say, when Taber got his MBA I was totally jealous of the hood. Not jealous enough to go back to school though ; ) Congrats Justin! (oh and the newspaper is awesome! so cool!)

Alexis said...

Congratulations, Justin!

I LOVE Kenzie and Jarom's yellow and blue outfits by the way. So cute!

Naomi Hanks said...

Justin! You are the man! Congrats on the Masters and special recognition. Super sweet that you got your pic in the paper too. And Tara...SO cute that you dressed your kids matching to go the graduation. Loved it!