Friday, March 14, 2008

Disney for Toddlers?


Man... what is up with Disney movies? Makenzie has been watching them since before she could talk and she loves them. But now that she's talking, I'm not so sure if she should be watching them!

Lately, Makenzie's favorite phrases have been so fun:

1. I NOT going!
2. Go away!
3. Leave me lone!

I was pretty surprised when she started saying these a few weeks ago. I wasn't really sure where she picked them up.

THEN... as we were watching The Jungle Book last week, I heard Mogley say, "Go away. Leave me alone!"

Great. That's where she got it from.

Then today, we were watching it again and I heard Mogley say, "I'm not going!" to which Makenzie perked up and said "I not going! I not going!"

Needless to say, I turned it off. Stupid Jungle Book, thanks a lot.

Anyway, I noticed some things in a lot of Disney movies that aren't so cool. Am I just being an overprotective first time mom? Maybe. But I wish I had just stuck to the toddler stuff because Makenzie's hooked on her naughty Disney movies=).

No comments: