I will admit: being married to a teacher can be really cool sometimes.
Like right around June 10th, when we realize we have more than 2 months to hang out and have fun while Justin still gets paid.
It's also nice most of the year when he gets home before 4 p.m.
But let me tell you... the last couple of months are really making up for it.
As you may know, Justin is coaching wrestling this year (again). And he is working his butt off! He hasn't gotten home before 10 p.m. one day this week. I miss him. Seriously, he is a stranger. We can't wait until next week when wrestling season comes to an end and we get our Justin back!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you're curious (I'm sure you are...), the team is doing well. Here is a pic of the jv team after they won the region tournament last week:
Like right around June 10th, when we realize we have more than 2 months to hang out and have fun while Justin still gets paid.
It's also nice most of the year when he gets home before 4 p.m.
But let me tell you... the last couple of months are really making up for it.
As you may know, Justin is coaching wrestling this year (again). And he is working his butt off! He hasn't gotten home before 10 p.m. one day this week. I miss him. Seriously, he is a stranger. We can't wait until next week when wrestling season comes to an end and we get our Justin back!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In case you're curious (I'm sure you are...), the team is doing well. Here is a pic of the jv team after they won the region tournament last week:
Thanks for the pic, Emily. It's nice to remember what my husband looks like. :)
6 comments:
Oh, I feel for you! Good thing it all ends next week. I can't believe Justin's a coach! How cool. His team looks great!
Haha - wow - I could have written this blog! This is my life too! Thank goodness basketball season ends this week! I'm just lucky enough that I can go watch some games and pretend that my hubby and I are actually spending the time together!
I so understand! When it's Marching Band season, I call myself a band widow. But the summer off and the medical benefits definitely make up for it!
I LOVED this post. It sums up the way I feel almost exactly. I was laughing at the picture comment too...it seems like I've also seen Scott in pictures a little more than in real life lately! Counting down until Feb 13th!! :)
Oh man that's rough! I remember when I was teaching and was the adviser to the color guard, marching band season was brutal. We didn't have kids at the time but it was still hard NEVER seeing each other except for right before we passed out every night. The summers are pretty dang awesome though : )
Anyway, hope you guys get a babysitter and go out to celebrate when wrestling season ends. : )
That has to be tough. But the wrestling coaches in my high school were so studly!! Justin is perfect for the job!
Post a Comment