(p.s. after Justin's mom's killer sugar cookies and now Shannon's, I have decided that the secret to perfect sugar cookies is sour cream. Just so you know.)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
More food
Ok so my dear friend Shannon saw my need to get out of the house and invited me over to decorate valentine's cookies this morning. Couldn't wait to get out and do something! Then I woke up and saw snow, and since my car is very unpredictable in wet weather right now, she offered to bring the cookies to us. So we didn't get out, but we at least had fun with friends.
Makenzie and Weston were pretty stoked about the frosting-coated beaters.
And Jarom loved Shannon for giving him a little taste, too.
They each frosted two cookies, which they ate, and were done. But that was okay because we got to chit chat while we frosted cookies and they played.
And there they are. Oh man, those things were like the krispy kremes of cookies. They seriously just melt in your mouth. That Shannon... the girl can bake!
(p.s. after Justin's mom's killer sugar cookies and now Shannon's, I have decided that the secret to perfect sugar cookies is sour cream. Just so you know.)
(p.s. after Justin's mom's killer sugar cookies and now Shannon's, I have decided that the secret to perfect sugar cookies is sour cream. Just so you know.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay! It was fun. Thanks for having us. That first picture makes me laugh. Weston looks like this evil sugar fiend, which is not entirely untrue. I'm glad it worked out. Let's play again before I leave for CA.
Ohhh...those look YUMMY!!! What a good idea, I think were going to have to make some as well. Friends are awesome!
The Krispy Kreme's of sugar cookies? Oh man now you HAVE to post the recipe! That's so classic that the kids were done after two! Hey at least they got a play date and you got adult conversation! Can't beat that!
Hey that's what I was planning on making tonight with Kono. My in-laws have a really good recipe too (they come out really soft and are not overbearing with sweetness) but I've never heard of sour cream in cookies. Yes, please post the recipe if you don't mind. Don't worry if you want to keep it a secret, I won't be mad. :)
I could so use a sugar cookie right now. Looks like you had fun!
Post a Comment