Sunday, April 5, 2009

And the winner IS....

Thanks for your guesses, guys. I have no idea why seeing you guess what I ate for dinner got me all excited. But it was fun.

Shannon, you totally nailed it.
Well, almost.
Those are peaches.
And those are blackberries on top.
But it is, in fact, meatloaf.
Fancy meatloaf.
There was no ketchup or ground beef involved.
I think it even had veal in it which makes me kinda sad.
But not sad enough that I didn't gobble it down.

On Friday we went with our friends to Franck's, a French-American restaurant that I did some trade work with when I was doing the graphic design biz. We both have our six-year anniversaries in April so we decided to celebrate together.

Looks more like meatloaf in this picture.

Tasha got salmon.

Hello, Justin! Lookin' good in the blazer. He got lobster and chicken.

A little duck for Reed.

Ok, this is probably not the best restaurant etiquette, but Tasha and I busted out laughing when they brought this chocolate mousse for Justin and Reed to share. It was the size of an oreo. Okay, a few stacked oreos. But if you know how Polynesians eat, the thought of them sharing that in this ritzy restaurant was just hilarious.

And apparently just sharing a dessert wasn't gay enough.

Mine and Tasha's dessert had a little more pizazz. That's carrot cake wrapped in chocolate.

And we ended the night with some ice skating. Well, these three ice skated. Apparently I'm the only person who has to shuffle on the ice for 20 minutes before getting the swing of things. But I haven't been ice skating since I was a freshman at BYU, so give me a break!

It was a fun date, and it's making me excited for our real anniversary on the 26th!


6 comments:

Shannon said...

I win, I win! I love that you went to a fancy restaurant. We haven't been somewhere nice to eat in a really long time. Might have to try that place out. Glad you had a fun date. Those are always so great. Makes you remember why you fell in love with your hubby in the first place. :)

Chelsea said...

I'm not going to lie, after reading the description of the meatloaf I almost threw up. I'm sure that has something to do with pregnancy and the grotesque amount of waffles I just ate...but ya...anyways, so the top part is meat loaf but what is that bottom white part? Potatoes? Strange...

Marie said...

That sounds like a fun date night. And it was good to see pics of Tasha too.

You know what, we should all try and get together sometime. You, me, Tasha, and Chelsea. For lunch or something. I have Monday's off.

sheena said...

my mouth is watering....and I don't even like veal, duck, or lobster! what a fun night!

Marrdy said...

Oh my gosh...you are so funny. I love the caption under the sharing dessert picture!!!

Beccarigg said...

The picture of Justin and Reed sharing dessert is PRICELESS! Those two are such nerds, I love it! In the 13 years since I've known them they haven't changed much ; ) How fun to go out to another fancy dinner! You are so inspiring me to get me gourmet grub on!