Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fancy food


Alright, my fancy friends.
Here's a little culinary quiz for you.
Any guesses what this is?


(Please be as detailed or simplistic as you wish. This could be fun.)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like meat loaf or pot roast layered with carrots in the middle and mashed potatoes on the bottom. Smothered in gravy. It's like Sunday Dinner Cake. Where is that? Looks like the advertisement for that restaurant Harvest at Thanksgiving Point. Do reveal.

Sarah said...

Well, I thought dessert off the bat. I was thinking a pana cotta or cheese cake with pears or mangos in the middle and some kind of cake or coconuty substance on top with flan-y type sauce around the edges, or raspberry sauce?...but it could also be a piece of steak with juices and gravy around the sides, chunks of yam or yellow peppers in the middle on a bed of weird mashed potatoes..but it looks too smooth for mashed potatoes.

Chelsea said...

Hmm, at first it does look like what Shannon described, although I'm going to say after much consideration that it is actually a dessert. If that is the case, who needs fancy, pass me a spoon and bucket of icecream...but I would have to say it is something with peaches in the middle and blueberries on the top drizzling down. Or maybe it's a fancy cat food with parsley on top. Who knows!

Unknown said...

I'm actually afraid to embarrass myself with a guess. But I DO want to know what it is!

Marrdy said...

I have no idea what it is (actually I read the first part of the previous post so I know it's dessert!) but it looks so good!